With over 700 million active monthly users on Instagram it’s not hard to understand how leveraging users who have large followings to promote your products and services can help grow your business.
So What Is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing is not a new phenonmem, it’s based around word of mouth recommendations but using social media allows influencers to influence more people and in a shorter space of time, if not instantly!
It allows brands to collaborate with online influencers who have a following that fits the demographic that they want to market their products or services to. Using Influencer marketing allows them to engage with potential customers in an authentic and organic way where they do not feel like they are being “marketed” to.
With over 81 million Instagram followers, Kendal Jenner reportedly earns up to $300,000 per post! Brands are leveraging her influence to promote their products and gain exposure to her following.
How To Use Instagram Influencers To Grow Your Business
– If your customers are predominately from your local area then I would recommend looking for local or niche accounts who have 5,000 – 10,000 followers but have a lot of interaction.
– Reach out to the accounts and ask them if they would be interested in providing a review of your products or business. Maybe you’re a restaurant and would like to invite them for a free meal or you have products that you can send them.
– Ask if they charge to review or post on their accounts, depending on the size of their following they may be happy to with the free products you send them or they may charge you to post a review of your products on their account.
– Joint Ventures – look out for other local businesses who are performing well on social media and have a similar customer base to you. For example wedding venues and bridal shops will have a lot of the same type of people who follow their accounts (brides to be). There could be an opportunity for you both to cross promote your products or services on your social media accounts.
– It’s important to remember to measure your return on investment when using influencer, to help you track this you could ask the influencer to post a discount code that can be used in store or online.
– Start slowly – you need to be able to afford the amount of free products or amount you need to pay influencers.
– Reach out to influencers who are influential in your niche or industry
– Make a list of influencers and get in touch by email, direct message them on their account, post in their comments or through their website.
– Allow them to create content – provide them with guidelines as to what you’d like them to post but make sure you let them use their own style when posting so that the post doesn’t end up feeling like an ad to their followers
– Make sure the influencer disclosures that the post is a promotional one by using #sponsored or something similar
If you’d like to discuss your social media marketing in more depth please contact me on 01642 715340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Bradley Johnson, Partner – Yellow Box Marketing