It is vital for your business to have an online presence in the digital age and with all current restrictions in place for most small businesses, now is a great time to get your business online. Word of mouth and even customer recommendations can’t compete with the potential reach of a professional website, social media presence and seamless ecommerce platforms.
Small local businesses are flocking to the internet to sell their products, utilising platforms like Etsy, Shopify and WooCommerce to manage and sell their stock. Entering the digital marketplace is a must for any business in 2020.
Benefits of an online presence for your business
There are countless benefits to bringing your business online with a new website, e-commerce platform and social media presence, no matter the industry or sector you work in:
- 24/7 availability for potential customers. Your customers can visit your website wherever they are, whenever they want. While you may not have a team manning your site or socials overnight, your customers can send enquiries, browse your products and make orders which can be dealt with promptly the next working day. Having your products available for your customers to order 24/7 takes advantage of the ‘immediacy’ effect – they see something they like, and they want it right that second!
- A professional web presence will improve your business’ credibility. Showcasing your customer reviews and offering images and detailed information about each of your products and services can relay the genuine high quality of your business and services, offering potential customers peace of mind when making a purchase with you.
- You can improve the services you’re offering your customers and clients. Your website can host customer accounts, saving their payment information through secure systems to make repeat purchases more convenient for them; offer customer support via email or even Facebook Messenger; and provide them with all of the information they’ll need to save them having to call up your business during opening hours to make an enquiry – a little less hassle for you and your team too!
- Build awareness and engagement with your business. Social media is ideal for boosting brand awareness, interacting with customers and ‘humanising’ your business – creating a genuine link between business and consumer. Everyone loves a personal feel to business pages so it’s time to get snapping or even talk to your customers via story highlights.
- Create a seamless checkout process to encourage more sales. E-commerce platforms like WooCommerce use secure payment gateways to safely use customers’ payment information and save it for repeat purchases. By creating a quick and hassle-free checkout experience – and automated emails letting your customer know when their product has shipped, or when to expect their service – you’re likely to retain customers and encourage repeat orders.
Bringing your business online with Yellow Box Marketing
At Yellow Box Marketing we specialise in creating stunning e-commerce sites that are optimised for mobile use. With most small non-essential businesses having to close this month we’ve developed an ecommerce template that these businesses can use to allow them to sell online and remain open.
It is low cost as our development time is reduced and the sites can be live in as little as 48 hours! We will provide training on how to use the back end so they can add products, take payments, offer delivery or collection and manage orders.
This allows businesses to see if selling online can work for them and once established the site can be developed to include range of integrations from Facebook and Instagram catalogues to courier software.
If you know a business owner who has stock in their business they would like to sell and they’re able to deliver or click and collect, we can help!